How do I lift a Mercedes Sprinter with a 2-post lift safely and correctly?
Special features of the vehicle: With an overlong transporter such as the Mercedes Sprinter, the pickup points are far apart. Special prism attachment sets and fixing pins are required. Not all lifts reach the pickup points provided by the manufacturer.
Recommendation: Use prism pads for the rear pickup points and fixing pins for the front pickup points. With a 5-ton lift with symmetrical double-articulated arms (such as the HL 2.50 NT DG), you can pick up the Sprinter at all pick-up points.
1. Fasten the pickups pads to the rear support arms. You have the choice between prism pads and pickup pad adapters for the Sprinter. When using pad adaptors, observe the maximum load limited to a maximum of 4 tonnes.
2. Fix the fixing pins provided for the Mercedes Sprinter to the front carrying arms.
3. Check the loading of the transporter. For optimum door clearance and ideal weight distribution, drive the vehicle exactly in the middle.
4. Place the carrying arms. At the front, you can choose between the original pickup points and alternative pickup points depending on the work to be carried out (see video).
5. Lift the vehicle briefly. Now check the position of the carrying arms and whether the carrying arm locking devices are correctly engaged. Correct if necessary.
6. Lift the vehicle to the desired height.
In this video: 2-post lift POWER LIFT HL 2.50 NT DG
Accessories: Prisma SPRINTER (235TTKAS08850) pickup adaptors, SPRINTER pickup adaptors (232SEL48258), SPRINTER fixing pin adaptors (235TTKAS08870).
Note: NUSSBAUM GROUP makes the information provided here available for information purposes only. OTTO NUSSBAUM GmbH & Co KG shall in no case be liable for any incidents that may occur as a result of following the instructions in this video and text. Always follow the respective operating instructions of the vehicle manufacturer. Always observe the usual safety precautions when lifting and lowering.